Friday, January 29, 2010

Amanda: Day 29. The $11 Hamburger.

From Amanda's 365 Project

I've been trying to eat healthier this year and part of that has included less meat, less often. But sometimes you just get that craving for a big, fat, juicy hamburger and nothing else will do. And I mean nothing. I am a big follower of food blogs. In fact, 87.6% of my Google Reader is food blogs. I ran across a post this weekend that ranked burgers in Houston. The number one burger was from a steakhouse. A steakhouse serve a burger? Interesting. So I was having a rough day and decided to indulge myself. Usually I am a researcher before I try new restaurants, I look up reviews on at least two different places, search for a menu, look up prices. Today, I just went for it. I walked in and was taken aback, ALL the burgers were $11 and fries were extra. Holy crap, this better be worth it. I ordered the "Big Tex" which after choosing grain or grass fed beef, the ground meat was mixed with smoked brisket, perfectly seared on the outside and pink and juicy on the inside. Oh.My.Gosh. It was delicious. The fries were delish, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Perfectly salted and they either came with the lunch burger or I had an extra friendly waiter. :D The burger was served with fresh guacamole and pico on the side as well as balsamic vinegar tomatoes and pickles. OH! And they have their own brand of ketchup that's not your normal ketchup. So I think this is the most I have ever gone on about a burger, but I would not hesitate to go there again and pay $11 to try one of their different ones!

By the way, when I get a house again, I want these glasses as my drinking glasses. They will match my wine glasses. Now I just have to figure out where to buy them!

3 comments:

  1. Ever been to Bubba’s Burger Shack in Houston? Yumo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know where to go eat next time we are in Houston :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the words of Dr. Wu, "It's not the meat it's the cookies"

    That looks amazing. Way to be on taking some home. I hope the leftovers were just as good!

    ReplyDelete