Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Jenna. Day 30. Beef Strog-enough Dairy Already.


I adapted this recipe for Beef Stroganoff from Rachael Ray's Power of 10 Cookbook. Rachael Ray comes up with quirky names for her recipes, so I thought I'd follow suit. We had my friend Heather and her 2 kids over on Thursday night and made this then. This pic is from the leftovers we ate today. Here's my recipe.

2 lbs. stew meat
2 T worcestershire
2 c. sour cream
1 1/2 c. whipping cream or half&half
1/2 c. water or stock
1 T. grape jelly
S&P
1 lb. spaghetti

Cook the stew meat in the worcestershire sauce. Then add the remaining ingredients (except spaghetti). Boil the spaghetti in a separate pot according to package directions.

This would be really good with mushrooms. I didn't think I would need quite so much dairy [I started out with just 1 c. whipping cream and 1 c. sour cream.] but it didn't seem to have much sauce. Then when we mixed it with the noodles, it was perfect. It was a hit with Kevin and the kids so I think I'll be making it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment