Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Amanda: Day 122. Toes in the Sand.

From Amanda's 365 Project

I decided to head to South Padre Island today to enjoy the beach. Since my accident I've been driving my Aunt Connie's van. I had been warned that the CD player didn't work but I was tired of listening to the same old stuff on the radio so I decided to take my chances and attempt the fate of the CD player. I pushed the CD button. The first thing I heard was "I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand. Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand. Life is good today, Life is good today." The Zac Brown CD in and it could not have been a better anthem for driving to the beach.

I sat out in a chair all day and enjoyed the waves and two magazines. It was absolutely fabulous. I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Sunday! (P.S. The pink nail polish is courtesy of my neighbor down here. I love it!)

2 comments:

  1. Love that song and miss the beach-sounds like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? you got to spend and entire day relaxing!? ;]

    ReplyDelete