Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Jenna. May 31. Memorial Day.


Happy Memorial Day, everyone! We spent the day together as a family, doing yard work and going to Lowe's, as I promised a few days ago. And, eating on the floor, but that's not out of the ordinary.

I am grateful to live in a country where my husband gets time off for someone else's sacrifice. Thank you to our soldiers who are serving overseas, but thank you especially to the families of those who have lost loved ones. Although I never knew my uncle Johnnie, my mom remembers him especially on Memorial Day. Here's her Facebook status from today:
This Memorial Day I wish to pay tribute to my brother, Captain Johnnie L. Garner, U.S.MC., who died serving our country on Sept. 2, 1967 in Viet Nam. He is a real hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment