Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Jenna. Dec 13. Stockings.


"...hung by the chimney with care...." So, where did the word "mantel" come in to play? I like the phrase 'by the chimney' serves the purpose very well. Plus, I never can remember how to spell mantel and want to confuse it with mantle, as in crust, mantle & core (the layers of the earth). Also topping my list of hardest word to spell is vacuum. Vaccuum? Vaccum. vacuum? Seriously.

Anyway, I digress. This is my favorite Christmas decoration in the house. I think it looks pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. Last year we took our Christmas card pic sitting on the fireplace hearth.

Now ask me how many times we've used the fireplace...? I hope we get to use it more this winter because it wasn't very cold last year. But first we need to get some firewood. Anyone know where we can get some locally?

No comments:

Post a Comment