Saturday, July 3, 2010

Jenna. Jun 30. Time to lay down.


Kevin and the girls were tickling each other on the couch. So much fun.

In other news, I'm doing much better from my liver biopsy. I'm still a bit sore and can't pick up Carlee yet. My gastroenterologist says I have Autoimmune Hepatitis from the Solodyn/minocycline, which means that my immune system is attacking my liver. He put me on 2 different types of steroids - Prednisone and Azathioprine - and he is checking my liver levels every month to make sure they continue to come down. The steroids have side effects of their own, including increased appetite, restlessness, and foot swelling, among others I'm sure I'll experience later.

Please continue to pray for us. Every day is different and I'm still kind of "out of it". I am just now starting to have fun with the kids this summer, because I feel much better than I have in the past month. My prayer is that I won't have to take the medications for years as my doctor thinks, but that I'd only need them for a few months instead - but whatever happens, we will trust in God's timing and provisions.

I'll write more later, and if you want the long story of what all has happened, let me know and I'll email it to you.

I just noticed what I named this post... really, it is time to "lay it all down".

No comments:

Post a Comment