Sunday, January 10, 2010

Amanda: Day 10. Me.


From Amanda's 365 Project

So this is me, as all of you know. This is my camera. A pink Sony Cybershot DSC-W120 that needs to go in the shop. I had a Nikon D60 until it got stolen out my car the weekend before Christmas last year (2008). I bought this because it was cheap and the reviews were good. I have been extremely happy with this camera and I find myself taking pictures all the time. I travel a LOT for work. Photography has become a hobby because a) I like documenting where I've been and what I've done and b) it helps me to have a more open eye. I've become a lot more aware of my surroundings and have tried to notice "the little things" in life. I'm hoping by taking a picture everyday, I'll look past the normal things that catch my eye everyday and become more appreciative of something I might otherwise over look.

In general:
-I'm 27. I believe my birthday, June 21st, should be a national holiday.
-I handle the marketing across the state of Texas for my family's business.
-I travel a LOT, sometimes 1000 miles a week.
-I drive a 99 Ford Explorer that has 251,000 miles on it. I pray everytime I go somewhere that it doesn't die.
-I am a big band nerd. I still teach indoor drumline and am the visual caption head from Genesis DBC.
-I really want to be a runner. My brain just tells me otherwise everytime I run.
-I look to cook! I have a food blog that has really slowed down because I don't have a kitchen on a steady basis anymore but I would rather cook than go out to eat.
-For those of you who haven't seen me in six months, I got my nose pierced. I keep wondering what is the correct age when it's no longer acceptable to have your nose pierced.
-I used to live in Gilchrist but lost my house in Hurricane Ike. I am now am avid activist for the Gilchrist Community Association, Rollover Pass and the Bolivar Peninsula.
-Most importantly, I have the best friends in the world. And I'm not just saying that because most of you are posting here, I really do mean it.

3 comments:

  1. BTW, I really like your nose stud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's what you say to all your best friends blogs... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristen! I actually didn't think I liked it at first but I figured I spent too much money on it so I kept it in. But I REALLY like it now.

    And Alicia, you're not supposed to tell everyone that!

    ReplyDelete